Are you an experienced communications pro looking for an adventure in exploring what makes cities across the U.S. great places to live and work? Are you looking for a progressive company with a culture that is fun and respectful? How about a working environment that encourages creative collaboration and teamwork that sharpens your already impressive communications skills? Great! Livability Media needs more people like you!
Who Are We?
Livability Media is a division of Journal Communications, Inc., located in Franklin, Tenn.
- Established industry reputation for high quality and content authority as a 30+ year leader in travel, economic and community development, and agribusiness marketing communications
- Beautifully designed, open and welcoming office environment
- Full benefits, including health, vision, dental, 401(k) plan option
The Editor, Livability Media role is the editorial lead for up to 25 content marketing programs annually, responsible for managing client relationships while implementing existing content strategies with excellence. Our editors build relationships with leaders in community government, economic development and business nationwide, working with them to establish their print and digital marketing programs used to promote their communities.
- Set and maintain content-related expectations with clients, specifically in terms of processes, deadlines and any budget contingencies
- Communicate clients’ marketing objectives and expectations to internal stakeholders, serving as a liaison between the client and creative staff
- Collaborate with clients to develop a content strategy as well as on-time and on-budget documentation of that strategy for each program’s print and digital products
- Maintain regular communication with clients throughout the year
- Manage editorial tasks for each assigned publication, including editing copy and proofs
- Audit and maintain content on each program’s dedicated Livability.com city pages
- Communicate digital analytics and content promotion successes to clients
Who We Are Looking For:
- Organized, detail-oriented, deadline driven, efficient multitasker with strong editing and writing skills across print and digital platforms
- Self-starter motivated by curiosity about what makes cities tick and passionate about effective storytelling about tha
- Enterprising, diligent and enthusiastic about working with our project sponsors and developing relationships with them and other stakeholders in our markets
- Composed, professional demeanor with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Eagerness to continually learn and adapt to ongoing technology and process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in journalism or communications
- Minimum three years communications experience relevant to talent attraction, economic development and/or community development
- Experience working with digital and print content
Is This You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you. Send cover letter, resume and samples of relevant work to: Kim Holmberg (email@example.com). Put “Livability Media Editor” in the subject line.