We are seeking a great fit to join our design team in Cool Springs, TN, just south of Nashville. Livability Media produces over 50 travel, tourism and economic development magazines about great cities and states across the US, and operates Livability.com. Our sister company, Farm Flavor, produces over 50 agricultural and farm bureau magazines under the same roof. Our parent company, Journal Communications, was founded in 1988 and is a nationwide, full-service content marketing and media company. We are experts at what we do: telling great stories online and in print!
We conduct every aspect of magazine planning, design and pre-production in-house with a small group of highly talented people, so this will not be a repetitive job! Our designers come ready to dedicate themselves fully to whatever the tasks are on that given day. The right designer will have a love of publications, a great eye for photography, typography, and layout, as well as placing high value on speed and efficiency. The flexibility to work in both design and production roles is a necessity.
We do a great volume of work and seek good-natured friendly people to join our close-knit department. Working as a team without competitiveness is essential. We foster an environment of sharing inspiration and ideas while learning from each other. We all work towards a common goal of high-quality output we can feel proud of.
A Selection of current publications can be seen at: https://en.calameo.com/accounts/420308
Responsibilities may include:
- Working closely with editors on design and photography planning
- Researching, requesting and assigning photography
- Editing photo shoots from our in-house photographers and freelancers
- Designing magazines from cover to cover
- Finalizing layouts with editors and preparing magazines for print
The ideal candidate will have:
- College experience with coursework in design
- 3-5 years of professional work experience including print
- Relevant experience to publication design such as magazines, books, or other multi-page layouts
- Experience working with photographers
- Ability to manage time and balance multiple projects at once
- Self-motivated, organized, good communicator
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign including the use of templates, libraries, and style sheets
- Advanced knowledge of Creative Suite applications Photoshop, Illustrator and Bridge
- Familiarity with project management software and Office applications
Is This You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your resumé, portfolio link or PDF samples to Lauren Kessinger: email@example.com.